Some cookies are deleted when you close your browser. They are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or until you delete them. They are called permanent cookies and enable certain information about your use to be recalled when you return to the website.
Different types of cookies
A distinction is made between functional cookies, which are technically necessary for the operation of the website, and non-functional cookies, which are not necessary for the operation of the website (such as tracking cookies, marketing cookies, etc.). Guaranteed is required by law to obtain your consent for all types of cookies that are placed other than those that are “necessary”.
Guaranteed uses the following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies (functional)
- Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Analytical/statistical cookies (non-functional)
- Analytical cookies collect information on how visitors use the website and the performance of the website. Using the results, the website can be improved and visitors have a better user experience.
- The analytical cookies are provided by Google Analytics, Guaranteed has chosen to anonymise the concerned personal data before passing on to Google. This is to avoid unnecessary transfer of your personal data.
- Marketing cookies (non-functional)
- Marketing cookies track the surfing behaviour of website visitors and put together a user profile based on that behaviour. That profile is used to make the surfing experience more personal and, for example, to display personal offers, advertisements, newsletters and the like that correspond to your interests.
Refusing or deleting cookies
When you visit our website for the first time, you will be informed this site uses functional cookies at the pop-up screen. By visiting the Website, only the functional cookies will be installed on your device.
If you do not want our website to install cookies on your browser, you can disable cookies on the cookie settings page, delete them or modify your browser settings. Disabling cookies may mean that you will be unable to use certain functionality of the Website. Do you want to modify the cookie settings anyway? Then you can find the instructions for various browsers here:
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: you are entitled to have access to your personal data, as well as to the use that Guaranteed is making of your personal data. Upon request, you may receive a copy of your personal data, unless such data is made directly available to you, for instance within your personal account.
- Right to correct: you have the right to ask us to correct or supplement your personal data in case your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to ask us to delete your personal data in the situations set forth by applicable law. You acknowledge that if you request the deletion of personal data, some services and products will no longer be able to be supplied.
- Right to restriction: you may also request to restrict the processing of your personal data in the situations set forth by applicable law.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where your Personal Data has been collected and processed based on legitimate interests of Guaranteed. In this case you will need to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation. In addition, you always have the right to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such case, you do not have to justify your request.
- Right of data portability: you have the right to obtain your personal data that are processed by us in a structured, accessible, machine-readable form and/or to have them transferred to another organisation responsible for processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: When processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you wish to no longer receive newsletters, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in the e-mail.